The first element which makes the EXTREME JKT so special is the fabric it is made of.
EXTREME is a 3layer laminated fabric with unique features such as ultimate lightness (75g/m³), high waterproofness (20.000 mm/H2O) and an excellent breathability (20.000 g/m²/24h) which is guaranteed by the patented microporous PTFE eVent DValpine membrane. In fact, this membrane is designed for clothing dedicated to intense and long activities when sweating and overheating are abundant and rapid moisture evaporation is needed the most. The membrane’s atypical structure allows millions of tiny pores to breathe at their full potential, avoiding the “sauna” effect which is characteristic of the majority of membranes. The inside of EXTREME is lined with an ultra-light knitted fabric which isolates the membrane from the skin making the garment even more comfortable.
The internal back yoke, the pockets’ gussets and the inner collar are in a soft-touch open mesh, which further improves the breathability. Finally, the jacket is equipped with elastic inserts which facilitate movements.
When days are really raining, a breathable waterproof fabric is not enough. Those who choose to train even in the rain need a product that is 360° developed for protection. Just like our EXTREME JKT. This Performance fit pattern has a high multi-panel neck, shaped to follow the anatomy and minimize the water seepage.
- The full reverse zipper at the front is protected by a waterproof flap.
- The back is area most effected by overheating during sport activities, so is equipped with a large ventilation opening that runs along the back yoke cut, designed to channel the moisture that forms inside the jacket outwards, without letting in the rain.
- The two large and roomy back pockets have high-visibility reflectors and mesh gussets at the bottom which allow the drainage of the water so it does not remain trapped inside the pockets.
- The back tail hugs the body protecting the jersey and the bibshorts from the splashes of the wheels.
- The silicone elasticband at the waist keeps the garment in place for maximum freedom of movements.
- Finally, the thermotaped seams secure every cut and insert ensuring the utmost waterproofness.